Once the manufacturer’s warranty expires on your Lexus, you could be hit with inconvenient and costly repair bills. To avoid expensive costs and stay covered after the Lexus factory warranty expires, make sure you’re protecting your investment and your vehicle with a Lexus extended warranty.
For more details see your Lexus warranty booklet from the dealer. When purchasing a new car, it’s important to read the warranty for yourself to know exactly what is and isn’t covered.
Eventually, your basic factory warranty will expire, leaving you with expensive repair costs for these vehicle parts. With an extended warranty, your Lexus will be covered and you won’t have to worry about pricey repairs. If your Lexus is used, check out our list of the best extended warranty companies for used cars here.
Lexus Extended Warranty Coverage
After your Lexus new car warranty expires, the dealership offers vehicle service agreements for new, L/Certified (the Lexus certified pre-owned program), or used vehicles through Lexus Financial Services.
There are three plans available for new and used Lexus vehicles:
- Lexus Extra Care Platinum—As the most comprehensive protection, this is a Lexus bumper-to-bumper warranty that covers most parts of your vehicle.
- Lexus Extra Care Gold—This coverage level includes more components than the powertrain warranty but less than Platinum plan.
- Lexus Extra Care Powertrain—This Lexus powertrain warranty includes the engine, transmission, front- and rear-wheel drive systems, and related parts.
If you have a L/Certified vehicle, your Lexus extended warranty option is called the Lexus Extra Care L/Certified Plan. This includes protection for eligible components and covers the cost of mechanical breakdowns.
All Lexus protection plans includes:
- 24/7 roadside assistance and reimbursements for car rentals, meals, and lodging
- Coverage terms based on your mileage and how long you plan to keep your Lexus
- Repairs made at their nationwide service network, performed by Lexus factory-trained technicians
In addition, Lexus extended warranties are transferable at no cost. However, the warranty can only be transferred once from the original owner to a private party.
*Figure accurate as of May 2017. Average monthly coverage cost is based on the average total price of the Vehicle Protection Plan over a four year coverage period. Actual monthly payments will vary per plan’s payment policy. Individual pricing is subject to change based on the combination of make, model, year, and mileage as well as coverage level and term length.
USA Today: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2019/11/14/consumer-reports-auto-reliability-study-2020-vehicles/2578463001/
J.D. Power: https://www.jdpower.com/Cars/Ratings/Dependability
Lexus Financial Services: https://www.lexusfinancial.com/us/en/vehicle_protection_plan/vehicle_service_agreements.html
Better Business Bureau: www.bbb.org/greater-maryland/business-reviews/extended-warranty-contract-service-companies/carchex-in-hunt-valley-md-23015869
Thoroughly Reviewed: https://thoroughlyreviewed.com/car-warranty/extended-car-warranty-company-reviews/
Motor Week: http://www.motorweek.org/features/goss_garage/