Disclosure: This content was produced by an independent editorial party for the purposes of educating our customers, and is not influenced by the other business operations of CARCHEX.
No matter what type of Fiat vehicle you own, repairs, replacements, and mechanical breakdowns are inevitable. And unfortunately, Fiat factory warranties are fairly short lived, leaving you unprotected against unexpected costs.
What’s Included in a Fiat Warranty?
Here is what’s covered under a basic limited warranty for 2019 Fiat 500X:
- 4-year / 50,000-mile Basic Limited Warranty—This warranty covers the repairs needed to correct defects in materials, workmanship, or factory preparation of parts supplied by Fiat.
- 12-month / 12,000-mile limitations—Brakes, wiper blades, clutch discs, wheel alignment, wheel balancing, windshields, and rear windows are only covered for the first year or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first.
- Corrosion warranty (terms vary)—Sheet metal panels rusted from the inside out are covered for 36 months / unlimited miles, and outer-body sheet metal panel is covered for five years or unlimited miles.
- 4-year / 50,000-mile Federal Emission Warranty—Under the Basic Limited Warranty, FCA US LLC covers emission parts such as the ignition system, air system control, exhaust manifold, and more. The catalytic converter and powertrain control module are covered for 8 years / 80,000 miles. In some situations, this warranty only lasts 2 years / 24,000 miles, so make sure to read your specific contract.
- 4-year / unlimited-mile roadside assistance—This warranty covers towing costs (in certain situations) to the nearest Fiat dealer, as well as jump start assistance, fuel delivery, tire service, and lockout service.
Any repairs or replacements needed due to mishaps in the Fiat manufacturing process will be covered. However, these repairs must be made at your authorized Fiat repair facility, which is one reason why purchasing an extended warranty through a third-party company provides more flexibility.
If your Fiat experiences issues with any of these parts after just a few years of driving, you won’t be covered by the basic service warranty provided by your dealer and will be left paying the repair costs.
Fiat Warranty Exclusions
Repairs and replacements aren’t covered by the Fiat factory warranty at all in the following cases, regardless of how long you’ve had the vehicle.
What Are Some Common Issues Fiats Experience?
According to RepairPal, the average maintenance cost for Fiat vehicles is around $538 per year. Here are some of the most common issues experienced by Fiat drivers and their costs, based on the Fiat 500:
- Brake Pad Replacement—Fiat owners have had a lot of issues with their brake pads. As one of the most crucial safety components of your car, it’s important to keep your brake pads in great shape. Brake pad replacement costs $169 on average.
- Alternator Repair—Over time, Fiats can experience faulty alternators. An alternator repair will cost $496 on average.
- Wheel Bearings Replacement—Your basic Fiat warranty doesn’t cover the cost of wheel replacement or repairs. The average cost of a wheel bearing replacement is $273 on average.
- Brake Rotors and Disc Replacement—After your dealer warranty expires, you’ll be left to pay for this replacement out of pocket, which costs $295 on average.
In addition to these repair and replacement costs, there are a number of other repair costs that drivers will experience as vehicles age. When these arise, you will be on the hook for the repairs.
Fiat Extended Warranty Protection
An extended warranty will give your vehicle the full coverage it needs to run smoothly and give you the comfort of knowing that you’re covered in case of an emergency. You can either purchase a Fiat extended warranty through the manufacturer or go to a third-party provider like CARCHEX.
Two Fiat extended warranty plans are available through Mopar® Vehicle Protection. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Fiat vehicles are all covered by the same manufacturer, Mopar.
Third-party providers are known to offer more affordable, comprehensive coverage with more flexibility for repair facilities and replacement parts.
What to Consider Before Purchasing an Extended Warranty
Here are some of the most important factors to consider when shopping for a Fiat extended warranty provider to ensure you’re working with the best in the business.
- Years in business
- Better Business Bureau rating
- Better Business Bureau complaints
- Partnerships and endorsements
If your Fiat is used, check out our list of the best extended warranty companies for used cars here. To learn how to choose the right extended warranty for your used Fiat, click here. Let’s take a look at how six third-party warranty providers in the industry stack up.
With more than 20 years in the car service and vehicle protection industry, an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and unbeatable customer service, CARCHEX is the best place to get coverage for your vehicle.
CARCHEX Extended Warranties
Choose from one of our five different levels of Extended Vehicle Protection Plans and customize the coverage you need for your Fiat.
Benefits of a CARCHEX Extended Warranty
When you purchase an extended warranty, you won’t have to worry about being able to afford car repairs down the road. Even though the standard Fiat warranty might cover problems for a short period of time, an extended third-party warranty can ensure protection for the duration of your vehicle ownership.
There are many benefits from purchasing an extended warranty with CARCHEX, including:
- Affordable Payments—CARCHEX offers flexible and affordable plans with low monthly payments.
- Personal Choice of Repair Facility—Instead of being required to bring your vehicle to a specific dealership, you have the choice to pick where your car is serviced.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed—We proudly offer a No-Haggle, Low-Price, Every Day Guarantee™ as well as a risk-free, 30-Day Money Back Guarantee with our Extended Vehicle Protection Plans.
- Claims Paid Directly to the Repair Shop— Your covered claims are paid directly to the repair facility that services your car, making the process fast, easy, and convenient.
- Commitment to Service—We value our customers above everything else, so we prefer to use a consultative approach when discussing coverage plans to ensure that you get the best plan for you.
- Transferability—You can transfer your extended CARCHEX coverage to a subsequent owner.
- Roadside Assistance—CARCHEX includes 24/7 roadside assistance with our plans, so you’re not missing these services when your Fiat warranty expires.
Get an Extended Warranty for Your Fiat Today
You’ll know your car is protected with a Fiat warranty. An Extended Vehicle Protection Plan from CARCHEX will protect both your Fiat and your wallet. Contact one of our vehicle protection specialists to discuss which extended coverage options meet your needs.
Get an instant quote online or call us at 866-261-3457 to get more information about vehicle coverage for your Fiat today.