Disclosure: This content was produced by an independent editorial party for the purposes of educating our customers, and is not influenced by the other business operations of CARCHEX.
Do you know what your Cadillac factory warranty covers? Our auto warranty and insurance experts at CARCHEX help Cadillac owners understand what steps to take once your original warranty expires, as well as the benefits of an extended warranty. Read on to learn how to protect your bank account from costly car repairs bills.
What Is a Cadillac Factory Warranty?
Cadillac factory warranties are provided by the Cadillac dealership when you purchase a new or certified pre-owned (CPO) vehicle. They tell you what repairs and parts are covered, so you don’t pay the bill for fixing a defect on the model.
Here’s what covered in a standard Cadillac manufacturer warranty:
Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty
- No deductible
- Covers entire vehicle, including parts and labor to correct defects in materials or workmanship
- Includes towing toward nearest Cadillac dealership
- Transfers directly to new ownership during the warranty period
Powertrain Limited Warranty
- Warranty period depends on whether your vehicle year is before or after 2013
- No deductible from the original in-service date
- Covers repairs due to defects on the transmission, engine, or drive systems due to materials or workmanship
- Cadillacs are designed and built to resist corrosion
- Sheet metal components are warranted against rust
- Applying additional rust inhibiting materials isn’t necessary or required under Sheet Metal Coverage
- Parts are covered under three different terms
- 12-month warranty covers advantage wheel bearings/hub, shocks and struts, brakes, chassis parts, as well as parts that includes chips, washers, shims, spaces, bolts, fasteners, and grommets
- 24-month warranty covers GM Original Equipment and Professional brakes, rotors, and alternators and starter
- Lifetime warranty covers chassis parts, electronic fuel pumps, ignition wire sets, radiators, shock absorbers/struts, wheeling bearings/hub bearings
- Available 24/7
- Cadillac owners can find the Roadside Assistance contact information in the Customer Assistance Offices section in the Warranty and Owner Assistance Information booklet
Courtesy Transportation Program
- Provides alternate transportation or reimburses the expense if your vehicle needs repairs covered under the warranty
- Refer to your Cadillac Owner Manual for additional information
It’s also important to note that your Cadillac factory warranty doesn’t cover installations or alterations to original vehicle (chassis) as distributed by General Motors.
In addition to your manufacturer warranty, Cadillac offers protection plans that cover features that aren’t usually included in your original warranties, including the inside and outside appearance of the car, tires, and other wear and tear items.
How Long Is the Warranty on a Cadillac?
The extent of your Cadillac factory warranty period is defined by years or miles, whichever comes first:
What Do I Do When My Cadillac Factory Warranty Expires?
If you have reached the end of your Cadillac manufacturer warranty, you have the option to purchase an extended warranty. This type of warranty can be applied to new, used, or CPO Cadillacs. Extended warranties are offered by Cadillac and third-party auto warranty companies like CARCHEX. That way, you have a variety of options to best fit your needs. To learn how to choose the right extended warranty for your used car, check out our guide.
Reasons to Consider an Extended Warranty
Are you thinking about purchasing an extended warranty for your Cadillac vehicle? Consider these benefits:
- Continued protection—Once your Cadillac factory warranty expires, paying the complete repair bill falls on you. An extended warranty helps you afford the repairs you need when you need them.
- Peace of mind—Do you worry about costly car repairs catching you unprepared? With an extended warranty, you can relax knowing that paying an affordable monthly fee protects you from shelling out hundred or even thousands of dollars when repairs do come up.
- Customizable options—Most auto warranty companies present several protection plans, so you can select what level of coverage makes sense for your budget and vehicle.
- Car reliability—Let’s face it: some makes and models are known to have more repairs than others. If your Cadillac ends up not meeting your expectations, at least you won’t be paying for the repairs on your own.
Are Cadillac Vehicles Reliable?
Cadillac and other GM vehicles have a legacy of luxury but have struggled with a reputation of unreliability in recent years. In 2016, YourMechanic named Cadillac one of the top three most expensive car brands to maintain. More recently, the 2018 Cadillac Escalade was named one of the least reliable cars by Consumer Report. Car research and rating provider J.D. Power gave Cadillac just one quality award and no dependability awards in 2019. RepairPal tells Cadillac owners to expect to pay an average annual repair cost of $783.
However, there are still plenty of Cadillac models worth your investment. Before you purchase a car and its warranty, make sure to research common problems with that make and model. The results can help you decide what kind of extended warranty is most effective.
No matter how reliable, any car is going to need repairs. Your Cadillac factory or extended warranty will help cover these costs as they come up.
Cadillac Extended Warranty Coverage from the Dealership
If you are considering purchasing a Cadillac extended warranty, one of the first places you’ll look is your dealership. While these often tend to be less flexible than third-party warranties, Cadillac Protection Plans are available in two coverage levels: Platinum and Silver.
Platinum Cadillac Protection Plan
This extended warranty is an exclusionary plan, which means it covers everything except a list of excluded items. This is Cadillac’s most comprehensive plan.
Silver Cadillac Protection Plan
This plan’s coverage includes:
- Engine, transmission, and drive axle (powertrain)
- Transfer case
- Steering and rear wheel steering
- Enhanced electrical, including airbags and safety restraint system
- Air conditioner
- Seals and gaskets coverage
In addition to covering the selected repairs, Cadillac Protection Plans include roadside assistance-related services such as lot key/lock out, trip interruption, and towing and road service. You are also reimbursed for car rentals during repairs.
All repairs are performed by Certified Service technicians at the nearest GM dealership using GM parts.
Benefits of Extended Warranty Through CARCHEX
Purchasing an extended warranty from Cadillac is far from your only option. CARCHEX is one of many auto warranty companies, but we are industry leaders in affordable extended vehicle protection plans for Cadillacs and many other auto brands.
CARCHEX customers enjoy these benefits of our extended vehicle protection plans:
- Extended warranties through Cadillac dealerships require you to use their parts and receive service at their locations, which are generally more expensive. CARCHEX enables you to choose your own trusted mechanic and any brand of part. This saves you money and gives you more flexibility.
- CARCHEX promises Customer Experience Above All—we are committed to your satisfaction. Ask one of our auto warranty experts about our No-Haggle, Low-Price, Everyday Guarantee™ and 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.
- Covered claims are paid directly to the facility, so you don’t have to cover the cost up front and wait to be reimbursed.
- Extended warranties can increase your Cadillac vehicle’s resale value, as many protection plans are transferable.
- Our auto warranty company has five affordable coverage levels, with more specific vehicle protection plans under each level.
Your Choices for CARCHEX Extended Vehicle Protection Plans
CARCHEX offers several different protection plans for Cadillac extended warranties: Titanium, Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze.
- Titanium (10 years)—Our most comprehensive level of coverage, this is a bumper-to-bumper warranty with a short list of exclusions (similar to your Cadillac factory warranty).
- Platinum (10 years)—This plan covers hundreds of specific components, including all major systems.
- Gold (10 years)—Often a great fit for vehicles with over 60,000 miles, Gold Level contracts offer flexible terms and comprehensive coverage, including major systems.
- Silver (7 years)—Covering much more than your basic powertrain warranty, this plan provides essential coverage for your major vehicle systems.
- Bronze (6 years)— This plan is designed to cover major systems and the most common and expensive repairs to the transmission and engine.
No matter what plan you choose, CARCHEX offers these benefits as additional coverage:
- 24/7 emergency roadside assistance
- Trip interruption service
- Rental cars while your car is in the repair shop
- Gas delivery
- Lockout service
- Battery jump start
Find the Right Cadillac Extended Warranty for You
Why can you trust CARCHEX to help you make a smart choice for your extended coverage after your Cadillac factory warranty expires? We have respected partners and endorsements industry experts, including CARFAX, Edmunds.com, Kelley Blue Book, and RepairPal. Better Business Bureau has given us an A+ rating and accreditation in customer service. Rely on the team at CARCHEX to be your consultant as you consider protection plans for your Cadillac vehicle.
Call 866-261-3457 to speak with one of our auto warranty and insurance experts today.
Consumer Reports: https://www.consumerreports.org/car-reliability/10-least-reliable-cars/
J.D. Power: http://www.jdpower.com/cars/cadillac
Your Mechanic: https://www.yourmechanic.com/estimates/cadillac/sts/radiator-replacement
Your Mechanic: https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/steering-angle-sensor-replacement
Your Mechanic: https://www.yourmechanic.com/estimates/cadillac/deville/strut-assembly-replacement
Better Business Bureau: https://www.bbb.org/greater-maryland/business-reviews/extended-warranty-contract-service-companies/carchex-in-hunt-valley-md-23015869